I got some new stuff from the comic store yesterday:
- The second Penny Arcade collection, hilariously titled Epic Legends of the Magic Sword Kings. There are of course no sword kings, magic, or epic legends whatsoever in the book.
- A Warren Ellis collection whose name escapes me.
- Genshiken vol. 6. It's... it's too great. Man, what wouldn't I give up to have Kio Shimoku's writing talent or his artistic talent, never mind both? (Hmm, and now that I've written that, I'm not sure Shimoku is "he." I would have been in the past, but after this volume I'm not quite so certain. The Internet is surprisingly coy on the subject.)
- The first collection of Action Philosophers. Did you know that before he became a big-time philosopher Plato was a professional wrestler, and in fact "Plato" (ancient Greek for "broad" referring to his shoulders) was his stage name in the ring? I did not know that.
* Note -- I deleted some other remarks I'd made here. Like everyone else, I have certain strong opinions about the world situation; I'm not ashamed of them but there's a time and place for everything and "in the middle of an unrelated comment, so abbreviated that they don't make any sense" certainly isn't it.